SOUL-MATE





By night on my street, I searched for whom my soul loves,
I searched and searched I found him not
Rising in the morning, going about again in search of my love
Was getting sick and worried, my love nowhere to be found

People on the streets asked,  have you found whom you love?
Tears rolled down my face,  could not hold the pain anymore
My love where art thou?

Walking in the streets in the midst of so many people
I could feel my love draw close and near
My heart beating speedily, I could feel his presence
But where could he be?

The guy;
In the streets, walking to my destination I sighted a young lady in tears
Her eyes all dark and swollen, but I could see the beauty behind those tears
My heart dropped in compassion for her, my heart beat increased
I could feel much more than my heart drawing to her
I felt butterflies in my stomach, feelings I have never had before
I knew in my heart that it was much more than feelings
I had love at first sight
I felt love

Sighting a young handsome man coming my way while sitting
My heart leapt for joy,  because I knew deep down my heart that
I have found whom I love
My fear was that did he love me too?
Would he love me the same way I love him?

Approaching her my heart rate increased  sporadically
I felt something great for the first time
But my fear was that would she love me too?
Would she love me the same way I love her?
                                                                                                   
©  Tori Wrights

Comments

Popular Posts